Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

5.05.2010

WE ARE PCVS!!!

It’s official! We are finally United States Peace Corps Volunteers. YAY!!!

We’re so excited. For those of you who don’t know, the first 10 weeks you are not considered a peace corps volunteer. You are considered a trainee. Once you have achieved a successful recommendation after you pass your language test…you are sworn in. It’s a big deal. We swore in at the US Ambassadors home and some of the most important people in the country came. It was so wonderful. Here’s our oath…the same one the President takes:

“I, Sarah Ring, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, domestic and foreign, that I take this obligation freely, and without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge my duties in the Peace Corps, so help me God.”

It was great! Jarod did so good on his speech. I was a proud wife! It was such a wonderful time and now we’re officially here and for real get to be volunteers. I’m so excited!!

Also, we’ve received several emails asking us what if anything we’d like to have for a care package…so I was just going to point out on the right side of our blog towards the bottom there is a wish list of things. Those things are things we REALLY want if you decide you’d like to send us something. Any food is good. Seriously. We are desperate for food…. We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations guys, that is SO very exciting! My invite is in the mail right now, and I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow! I've enjoyed following you on your journey thus far and can't wait to hear more about it :)
    -Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete