Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

5.05.2010

Group Poop

Some of you may find this strange while others may find it hilarious. So far I’ve successfully avoided the famous “latrines”. I have held it ALL day if I had too in order to not use one of those…but let me just tell you what I experienced today.

We are at a hostel. It has 4 bathrooms and 4 showers. But…the bathrooms are unisex. So tonight after dinner I went to use the bathroom and as I sat down….Jarod joined me….and then Ryan….and then some other man to shower. So as I’m sitting there, Jarod and Ryan started talking and then wow. Uncomfortable moment numero uno!! I was using the bathroom with 3 men. Totally random. I’ve never done that before! Experiences you get in Rwanda. You just don’t know what you can expect here.

On a different note…today was wonderful. We’re in Kigali for swear in and we went to the bourbon coffee shop for lunch. It was unbelievable. You would have thought we had NEVER eaten before! I got a hamburger with a small side salad and an iced white chocolate mocha. I almost cried I was so excited. And true story, so I was eating with Kim and they brought out “her” food. She thought well this doesn’t look like what I ordered but whatever…it’s Rwanda it never does. So she salted her fries, put ketchup all over them, started eating then, cut up her sandwich and took a giant bite! The waitress comes out and says that’s not your food…takes it from her and puts it down a couple of tables over in front of one of our other volunteers. SERIOUSLY! She didn’t even think twice about. So Avery got to eat Kim’s half eaten food. Oh Rwanda… uncomfortable moment numero dose….but my experience was phenomenal! THEN for dinner we went to this AMAZING Indian restaurant. I had the chicken masala and it was sooo good. Very expensive but SOOOO good. I can easily see how much money we’re going to spend every time we come here. I’m looking forward to a week more of this food. And hopefully good internet. And hopefully…..PACKAGES! We’ll see. Tomorrow’s the big day. I become an official Peace Corps volunteer. So exciting!! Our oath we take is the same oath as the President…so cool. Miss you all…..

No comments:

Post a Comment