Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

5.04.2010

just another blog

Hello again. So here I am procrastinating again. I just can’t study! Ahh! I’m looking for anything to busy myself from Kinyarwanda.  So I just found out that one of our fellow trainees is going home. It’s our first boy. We only have 5 in the group and now ones gone. So our group is slowly shrinking. We were 37 and now we’re 34. Lawrence buddy, good luck in all your new endeavors!

Today was package day. Our group seriously received over 30 packages today. Unfortunately our packages are still somewhere unknown but hopefully will be here soon. It’s crazy to see all the amazing things parents, boyfriends, girlfriends, and friends are sending in boxes!! We all get so giddy to watch each other open them. It’s hilarious. One girl had a package that weighed like 30 pounds. It was huge! Crazy stuff.

I am about to start reading a new book. I’ve been told that the first 3 months at your site are SO boring and that you get A LOT of reading finished so my sweet Emily gave me a book she’s already finished called “unaccustomed earth”. I am excited to start it. I’m also going to try and read some books I’m planning on downloading in Kigali next week….so if you know any good sites that have free book downloads that aren’t illegal or you’ve purchased any books online that you don’t mind sharing with me…then email me and I’ll get them next week in Kigali hopefully.

Tomorrow I think we’re going to buy some of our stuff for our site. It’s much cheaper here in the town we’re in than in the capital so we’re going to try and buy our pots, buckets, and broom/squeegee for our home that we have yet to hear about.

I feel like I’m rambling at this point. Nothing really interesting happened since I last wrote so I guess I’ll go. I think Friends (the TV show) on my computer is calling my name. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment