Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

1.18.2012

Janvier and Polina

I wanted to give an update on our precious kiddos, Janvier and Polina. As you may recall their mom abandoned then in the middle of the night. Polina woke up and came to our house to tell us she was scared. Her mom never came back. Man, we have loved those kids so completely over the past one year and 4 months since she left them. We have tried to help them in every way we possibly could. Many tears have been shed over those precious kiddos. I have screamed at their caretaker and begged her to give them to me, I have begged God to change the Rwanda laws so I could have them and on and on. I've started freaking out a little wondering what would happen after we leave.

Well after one year and four months, their mother just reappeared last week. For those of you who really really know me this won't surprise you, but you had better believe she got death darts from my eyes upon seeing her. But I think she truly felt her absence when Janvier insisted "he didn't have a mommy" (she left before he was old enough to talk) and he refused to let go of me to go to her.  Either way, they've loved her  as only precious innocent children can and accepted her completely back! She brought them lots of clothing, shoes, and has bathed them daily since her return. They look so fantastic. They're clean, Janvier's legs are totally healed and they're all smiles.

And...to top it off their dad, whom until recently denied they were his children (although they are spitting images) had another wife who just left him. Their mom has moved into his home. SO....now they have gone from a caretaker who said she would be "better off if they were dead"  to a home with their mother and their father living under one roof! I know it has only been 1 1/2 weeks but I can't help but be completely hopeful that God has heard my prayers and brought her back just in time for me to leave knowing that they will be cared for. I've explained to her that they love her and need her here...so we'll see if she stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment