Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

1.18.2012

Future...and good news!

After much thinking and praying- we have decided not to extend for a third year with Peace Corps. We really wanted too but all the "options" we were looking at seemed to fall through. We even spoke to our immediate boss at Peace Corps and seemed to get some conflicting answers on what a 3rd year would even look like so we decided that not extending would be the best option. We told our parents on Christmas day.

Now that we've had time to think and process what all this means for us, we've began to get excited. Our emotions are high because we love our village and our friends here. Of course, it always had its ups and downs but overall Jarod and I really love this village! I am going to be an emotional basket case saying goodbye to all my babies that I love. But that blog will come closer to going home time. I also wanted to mention here that a few people have made comments about Jarod being totally happy and me being sad in all my blogs. I have COMPLETELY misrepresented myself, if that seems true. I LOVE Africa. I love living here. I love the children, the momma's, and all of the projects we've done. I'm so proud of us. Yes, absolutely yes there have been "those days." But living in a foreign country/culture, speaking a foreign language, while living with no electricity and no running water all in a mud house that leaks constantly...I would LOVE to meet someone who wouldn't have bad days! But honestly, we both love Africa and see ourselves living here long term.

That being said, now that we've decided to do this...we're going thru all of those familiar emotions: updating your resume, deciding where to live, and what jobs to apply for, etc. We just want to make sure everyone is aware now that we're looking all over the world for jobs. My home is where Jarod is and where God says "Go." We are open to go anywhere and be anything as long as we're in His will. We'll see where He leads us.

But for now, we're ecstatic to know that in 109 days we're coming home to see all of you guys and we could NOT be more excited right now.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear what's next in your wonderful journey! I hope we get to see you and you get to meet Graham when you come back! : ) Love, Lynds

    ReplyDelete