Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

9.07.2010

Oh South Africa...you cut to the core of me

This is a waterfall at the botanical gardens

This is our room!
Well well. Here I am. South Africa. Man. I love this place. I think I've officially decided I like being a girly girl. I had almost forgotten that I do. I like HOT showers. I like being clean everyday. Washing my hair and knowing it's clean...instead of seeing dirt wash out. I like being able to see a movie when I want. I like the convenience of restaurants. I like air conditioning. But, I guess that's just not the girl I am these days. Instead the new sarah is a no electricity, no running water, no girly shoes, purses and makeup kinda gal. ahh. sad day.

Anyways. So South Africa is gorgeous. They have these amazing trees that line every single street. They are a florescent purple from what we've been told. It's just wonderful. I'll post pics. Also, already posted 57 on my facebook from this trip. I'll take more as I can.
This is a gorgeous African tree


I am all finished with my dental work. Thankfully, it wasn't too bad. My jaw is extremely sore right now but not from the dental work on my teeth...apparently my jaw (TMJ) is really bad and once they applied the shots to numb me, my jaw stopped working properly. So, I am getting this really great tray that will hopefully help heal the problem over time. I have to wear it for sure every night. Maybe every day. We'll see once I go back on Thursday.
I love bathrobes!

Does this really need a caption?
oh wow.
This bed and breakfast is unbelievable! I mean really. I'll post pictures. The breakfast is AMAZING. I'm definitely putting on some weight here. Also, the internet is a whole other level. I mean, wow. I put up 57 pics on facebook in 5 minutes. That's gotta be an African record.

Oh...very sad news about a Peace Corps Volunteer that was recently killed. His name was Tom and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Apparently it was a mugging and we don't know the details but he was shot in the chest and passed away before the girl with him got to help. I just feel so bad for his family. I know these things happen in the states every day but it still is very sad.

What else? We went to the Botanical gardens here. Very beautiful. I posted those pics on my facebook. Besides the fact that I've eaten about 5 pizzas. A 20 piece mcnugget. Sandwhiches and lots and lots of cold lipton ice tea...I think that's pretty much it. Oh yea, and we went to 3 movies. I miss 1st world countries!! Ok ok. I am going to upload pics and go enjoy some more yummy food. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment