Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

8.13.2010

Pretty Boring!

7-1-10

It feels as if it has been forever since I last posted…but I guess its only been a week. We’ve been so busy this week! I love it. Our boss from America, Lyla, came to Rwanda. We’ve been chatting with her pretty much every day since she arrived. It has been wonderful. Although our counterpart and supervisor speak English, it’s so comforting to speak with another American. There’s just no comparison. We have a large group of Americans coming on Sunday and will be here four days. They are going to be working with the community and doing all kinds of yoga, gardening, etc. We’re excited to meet them all and get to know them. Today we painted parts of the guest house and rearranged furniture to make sure everything is ready.

In other news, we got 2 more packages! My mother-in-law is just amazing! I can’t even tell you how excited we were to get those. She sure knows how to hit the spot. DR PEPPER! Woo hoo. Megan, your package has arrived here in Rwanda at least 4 weeks ago…and a friend picked it up for us. He was supposed to bring it the next week after he got it but well, he had bus issues and so now it’s been 2 more weeks. I’m sorry! It’s here…we just haven’t received it yet.  I promise we’ll let you know when we do.

My sister found an app called whatsapp.com that will allow blackberry’s and iphones to chat for just the initial $1.99. SO…if you have an iphone and are interested in chatting with Jarod and I-download it ASAP! It’s wonderful. I finally get to talk to my Julie and Tiff!! Yay. Totally random but I missed Eclipse last night. I’m very sad about this. All my friends have seen it and I have to wait till it comes out on DVD or is somehow shown here in Rwanda. Poo!

I think that’s all for now. I’m pretty boring today. Nothing really exciting has happened.

Here’s a shout out to all our July’ers!
July 1st-Happy Birthday Papaw! I love you so much. Happy 4th of July! July 14th-Happy Birthday Uncle Mark. July 23rd-Happy Birthday Philip! July 24th-Happy Birthday to my sweet little Cademan. Caden is 5 and I’m so sad to be missing it. I love you cadester!

No comments:

Post a Comment