Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

4.27.2010

So close...

It’s been a while…

Sorry about that. I would love to be writing often, but that just hasn’t been possible due to the schedule we’ve had-and then…on my free time…I’ve been enjoying friends before it’s taken away to a site far far away! Also, apparently the internet hasn’t been working in the country of Rwanda lately. We come to the “internet” café and it’s closed because they didn’t feel like sitting there with no internet.

I can NOT believe it’s already here. This is our last week in Nyanza because we are swearing in next week! It’s crazy. We’re actually going to be “Peace Corps Volunteers” and not just trainees. And free. Don’t get me wrong…I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Nyanza with all these fine folk…but let’s face it, I’m ready to have my own place again. I’m really excited about swear-in because my hubby is speaking! So wonderful. I’m also sad-we found out our country director is leaving and we’re both bummed about that. He’s moving to Madagascar in September which is great for him but we really liked him. Hopefully the new CD will be good. Pray for that!!

There’s been some crazy stuff happening lately with our housing. We were shown one house that was well… the PC did not approve it if that says anything. Therefore our organization has been looking for something new to show us. We were also told if they did not figure something out about our “emergency evacuation plan” since we’re so remote we might have to move sites. I understand their concerns with being able to get us out of the country safely in case of emergency but I also hate that we’ve already met our village and told them we’d be working there. We’re praying that it will all work our for the best. It always does right?? We got a text yesterday from our Assistant Country Director stating that our organization had proposed a new home with 3 bedrooms… so that could be great! Our very own house...if PC approves it. I’m so excited. I want to decorate it with cheesy African fabrics and decorations. Why not right?

In other news, my body has been rejecting anything remotely close to Rwandan food. Seriously. I can not eat Rwandan food and be totally fine and then have ONE meal and be sick again. It’s pretty interesting how that works. So I’ve eaten a lot of “grilled” cheese via the iron and LOTS of oatmeal. It’s still happening but I’m being hopeful it will be gone soon.

We haven’t received anymore of your packages yet. We received 2 about 3 weeks ago but haven’t received the others you’ve sent. Hopefully they will be here soon. They are heaven. Every time a person gets a package we all feel a little bit closer to home. So don’t think we’ve just forgotten to mention the thank yous….we DO thank you in advance but will definitely let you know once they’ve arrived. My Dr. Pepper is still going strong staring at me and waiting for swear in. I’m pretty impressed with my will power these days.

I just wanted to let all my friends and family know how much I miss you! I really do. I know we always take for granted the people who mean the most to us but man do I miss you guys! I wish so much I could hear from you all. SOMEHOW. Please email me. Please don’t hate me if I leave someone out… I miss my parents. They just know me and even when I think I know myself…they know what I’m actually thinking and wanting. This is sometimes bad but well they are my parents and I just love them. I miss my sisters! K.C. I miss your hugs and sarcasm. I miss you rolling your eyes. I miss Camilla and the babies! They kind of go hand in hand. I wish I could talk to you more sister. I miss my in-laws because I just enjoy being around them and talking to them. They are great. I have the most wonderful relationship with my in-laws. I miss my nanny and papaw. I miss my nanny’s laugh and her cooking. I miss my papaw’s wisdom. I miss my aunt mary and our CRAZY conversations. You get me, mary. I miss my Julie. She probably knows me better than I could even begin to imagine but man…I miss her hugs. You give the best hugs jewels and I miss our conversations! I miss Tiff’s laugh. You always bring a smile to my face…mission accomplished. I miss Meg and her spunkiness. You know who you are and I admire that so much. I miss Ashley. I enjoyed our time before we left…sorry it was cut short. You are such a darling and I hope we live close again someday. Cat and Dust we miss you lots. Hope everything is going well with the Kenya trip. Obviously there are so many more but a bad storm has started which means no electricity….which means dead battery for the computer! So I must go for now.

We will be in Kigali on May 3rd-10th for swear in week…hopefully this means we will have a good internet connection and will be able to Skype with you ALL! I love you guys. I miss you guys. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment