Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

7.01.2012

Baby Ringlet

I saw this on a friends blog and thought it would be a good way to keep everyone in the loop!

How far along?: Baby Ringlet is 16 weeks and 4 days (July 1, 2012)

Total weight gain/loss: That depends. If I start with the weight I was before the pregnancy then I've gained about 2 pounds. If I go from where I lost down to while being sick up to now...about 6 pounds.

Maternity clothes?: Nope. Still wearing my Sarah clothes.

Sleep: This week has been touch and go. If the room is cold, then I sleep well. If it's hot, then I toss and turn all night. And I need to go to the restroom at least once a night.

Best moment this week: Yesterday until next Saturday. My in-laws left to go out of town and that means we get the house to ourselves! It has been 2 1/2 months since we've spent a night alone together and I am soooo excited!

Movement: I believe I'm feeling flutters. It's the strangest feeling. It isn't often but always in the same spot and very light. Jarod thinks I'm losing my mind.

Food aversions: Oh Lord. This has been awful. I was so incredibly sick from about week 5 until about week 13 1/2. I only got sick twice during week 14, which was huge! I haven't been able to even look at meat without wanting to throw up instantly. Jarod can even describe what he's had for lunch/dinner and it makes me sick. Thankfully though, that has calmed down and I'm starting to enjoy food again. yay!!

Food Cravings: None! I haven't craved one single thing yet.

Gender: Will find out in less than 2 weeks! July 9th, although I'm thinking of moving the appointment back one week just to add another week because I'm so nervous they won't be able to tell. I don't even have a bump, how can they possibly see what the baby is!?!

Symptoms: More and more trips to the restroom. If I lay on my back, then instantly I feel that "full bladder" feeling.

Belly Button in or out?: Hasn't changed one bit. Still have my belly pierced too. Can't seem to take that thing out since it has been in there 11 years.

Stretch marks?: Nope. Praying for good genes!

What I miss: Nothing really. I haven't changed anything since I came straight home from Rwanda, I didn't have any bad "habits" to break.

What I am looking forward to: Jarod feeling the baby kick and knowing I'm not losing my mind!

Weekly Wisdom: I feel as if I'm constantly being told what I'm going to feel like, think about, want to change/do, etc but this week I can't remember a single specific thing. My wonderful friend Ashley sends me articles about having a healthy baby, tips on what not to do/do while pregnant and then the first big decisions such as not circumcising vs circumcising, etc. Those have been very helpful! My sweet Johnna said that "you can't even begin to imagine the love you feel for your child, the shifting of priorities, the giving of one's self even to your very life until you hold that sweet baby in your arms for the first time."

Milestones:-I guess feeling the baby fluttering and lack of 24/7 sickness. I can't wait until I feel a hard kick and until Jarod gets to feel it too!

It is still hard to believe I currently have a "large avocado" sized baby that weights approximately 3.52 ounces and is over 4 1/2 inches long in my stomach. Where is it hiding!?!








12 weeks
13 weeks




14 weeks
15 weeks

16 weeks


 




































I think week 15 was an illusion. It looks as though there is something small there but then it vanished on week 16. I'm sure soon enough I'll have a gigantic belly and be laughing at these photos!














3 comments:

  1. Yup, you're still a skinny minny! For the first child, it can take some time to show (even til the third trimester)! Can't wait to see it though cuz I'm sure you'll be super cute with a big baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah...you are still so beautiful...and still SO skinny...I think even more than before you left. You are just so beautiful inside and out! Love you bunches. Thanks for sharing your pics! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! sorry to be the weird random blog reader haha but my husband and i just applied for peace corps and i saw your blog (thank you--it was very helpful to read) and just happened to notice that you had a kid like exactly nine months after you left PC. so did you start trying prior to leaving? i know, such a personal question but we are thinking about that sort of stuff! feel free to ignore me but thanks again for your blogging as a married couple in PC!

    ReplyDelete